Thursday, August 25, 2011

A fishy good time

Yesterday I got a job to illustrate cartoon animal life for a seafood restaurant website. I'm caught up at the office and this job is through my work, so I can do the illustrating while on the clock, which is fantastic for me. Once I get home I find myself with so much real life crud to do I never get around to doing any artwork at all. It's been the best day of work that I've ever had.

So the cartoon sea critters are going well and the client asked for a sponge diver to be added as well. No problem I say and begin to search the world wide web for reference art. It's at this time I stumble upon this picture:


It is my opinion that this guy is more than 100% awesome. I've almost decided to start wearing a mustache like that. To top it all off, further research reveals this gentleman's name is
John M. Gonatos. Which leads me to believe Gonatos means BALLS in some language I do not know.

1 comment:

  1. "Gonatos" means "huge balls of steel" in 1940s New York slang. True story.

    ReplyDelete